Biscayne Bay Marriott Exterior Shoot

As with many of my projects I was called in by my client Marriott to turn something, by their own estimation not so glamorous into well... glamorous. These projects are always my favorite because it really allows me to stretch myself and my abilities, all while staying within a budget. For this project I did a total of two walk-throughs around the building and across the street before deciding on the final angle. You see there is only one shot, one chance, it has to be good. I ordered up the scissor lift, to be placed in a specific spot a top the parking garage just adjacent to the Marriott Building. We set camera and digital table running the set out with 3 assistants and 12 hours to hammer out the lighting. It was clear to me after an 2 hours at 1 in the morning, that the 3rd assistant would be needed for lighting as we moved further behind schedule due to the extreme complex logistics being dealt with on the street. With the 3rd assistant helping with lighting and me taking on the role of digital tech / photographer we finished up about 1 hour before sunrise. I did not get the amazing sky I was hoping for so the sky was dropped in, the building to the left was moved out a bit and some roof tops on the right was taken out completely. The final result was as you can see outstanding as usual.






Comments

Popular Posts