The Living Building 

Just the other day I was able to combine my two favorite things...my pursuit of all things environmental and of course my architectural photography.  I had the pleasure of photographing a living building a bit north of Miami in Lake Worth Florida.  The building was designed with a green roof, something I have been a proponent of for years and an internal "biolarium" workspace filled with plants and water retention ponds.  The design works to collect rainwater, clean and store that  water, then automatically provide that grey water for the plants which in turn cleans and scrubs CO2 from the air.  Beyond that, the condensate from the air conditioning system is used to provide water to the entry pond.  I will say the moment you walk in, there is a noticeable difference in the air quality, clean crisp and fresh are appropriate adjectives.  Future plans have the installation of solar panels and an additional building to the north.
          

Comments

Popular Posts